I have continued to work at the pitcher form I mentioned in my last post. I had some problems with the bottoms of the handles cracking off (and pulling an inch away from the pot). At first I was very confused because I had never seen this before. I eventually (at the expense of a few pots). realized that they were cracking of because I was putting the handles on when the top section was more wet than the bottom.
This means that the top would shrink more than the bottom before it was totally dried and pull the handle off of the bottom section. I eventually tried waiting until the top was the same as the bottom to put on the handle and the problem went away. The second picture is the most recent pitcher and I feel like they are continuing to get better. I feel like my ideas are becoming more and more refined and I am working toward something good. On the most recent pitcher I changed the thumb grip because I feel like this kind will be more comfortable and make it easier to poor. I also feel like I have found a happy medium with the handle as far as aesthetics and function.
new cup deco idea, hope to work this idea a little more. Maybe a pitcher with cups set! well see.