Tuesday, May 25, 2010

new pots


sectional vasesectional vaseside fired stoneware mugporcelainious stoneware mugside fired mugstoneware mugteapotfaceted bowl

faceted bowl

I just got a fresh load of pots out of Nils Lou's East Creek Anagama this past weekend. I was really happy with all of the pots I got out, but some favorites are the faceted bowls and the sectional bottles. All of these pots were made with my regular porcelainious stoneware or a rougher stoneware I have been trying out. I really like the look of the stoneware, however It is a little rough to the touch. I think that this is because of the large amount of grog in the clay but, since I do not mix my clay I do not really have any control over the recipe. Any ideas on getting a smoother (not glossy) surface? All of the pots have no glaze on the outside and a shino or oribe liner glaze. Let me know what you think?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the bare clay, they pull me to want to hold them. The handles on the mugs are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete