Monday, May 31, 2010

Working Away

I have been working away in the studio making a lot of pots. I have especially been making a lot of cups. Partially to fine tune what I want my cup/mug form to be, and also because I feel that they are a good pot to try new ideas with. Several ideas I have been experimenting with include, hakeme, backslipping, feet, clay body, size, and shape.

I have also been making some plates and large platters. For me plates are more about concepts and ideas because they are not all that hard to make. I had the idea for this plate form so I decided to make some and I really like the way they turned out.

I have found that when I am making a lot of pots and being productive I let my wheel get really dirty. I guess that is a good thing but it sometimes makes its harder to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment