Thursday, February 11, 2010

Concentration Progress

I have been working towards completing my concentration and finally got around to finishing these mugs. Ive been working particularly on my handles and am getting more confident about them. I feel that I am getting the size and shape of the handles just about right for two fingers. I used my regular process of making prototypes and then choosing a shape to duplicate. I feel that this helps to develop the form as much as possible before making multiples.
Speaking of prototypes I made my first prototype for a set of plates I plan on making. I like the shape and I feel that I have a good base to go off of. I like the relationship between the squarish outer edge and the round interior. To make this plate, I threw basically a dog dish. I then cut the rim from one corner to the next. I then pushed the rim down flat to make it a plate. Then before trimming I ran a sure form around the outer rim to sharpen up the shape. I am happy with the way it came out and plan to make my set similar to this one.
I just fired my reduction kiln yesterday and plan to make a post on that in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment