(side fired jar with wadding resist deco)(sake set)(stoneware bottle)
I finally got some pictures up of some of my most recent pots posted. The top two pots were made from the porcelainious stoneware body I usually work with. The top jar I decided to play around a little with a wadding resist design that I think turned out really well. I plan to try this technique more in the next firing. The sake set was commissioned however I was able to make really whatever I wanted as long as it was a sake set. I am really happy with the way it turned out and the bottle also influenced the larger stoneware bottle I made. I really like the stoneware bottle and have already made some more pots with that clay body. The porcelain cups were made from a very white and expensive porcelain that I have been playing around with. I like the way they turned out but I think that this clay body could look very nice a little further back in the kiln. Overall I am very happy with the results and I am very excited for the next firing.