Sunday, August 1, 2010

NAU


(small train)
(wood soda side of double cat)
I just got home from a two week wood firing workshop at Northern Arizona University with Jason Hess. We fired the small train (pictured at the top of the page) as well as the double wide train, the wood soda side of the double cat (three times) and the other side of the double cat which is fired with just wood.
I learned a lot about different slips and glazes for wood firing and about firing in general. I met a lot of cool people, had a lot of fun, and fired a lot of kilns. I also got some pretty sweet pots which I will post pictures of in a week or so.
Thanks to everyone who made the workshop possible.

2 comments:

  1. Where can we see the results from the firing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post some pictures in about a week. I had to ship my pots back so they are still in the mail.

    ReplyDelete